Kundalini yoga is a form of physical and meditative yoga that comprises of various techniques using the mind, body and our senses.
The Kundalini energy is often represented as a snake coiled at the base of the spine. This yoga gives special consideration to the role of the spine and the endocrine system – both essential parts for yogic awakening.
The Kundalini is untapped spiritual energy at the base of the spine that can be drawn up through the body awakening each of the seven chakras of the body. Full enlightenment occurs when this energy reaches the Crown Chakra (topmost). Kundalini is one of the more spiritual types of yoga.
It goes beyond the physical performance of asanas with its emphasis on breathing, meditation, mudras and chanting. However, it can be very physically intense and appeals to those who are up for both mental and physical challenges. Here are some of the benefits one can derive from Kundalini yoga.
- Kundalini yoga helps in the better functioning of the digestive, glandular, cardiovascular, lymphatic and nervous system.
- It has a direct bearing with the glandular system and hence can enhance the ability to look and feel great.
- It heightens the senses. So, your ability to taste, smell, feel and see with sensitivity are increased.
- It helps eliminate and get rid of habits such as smoking and alcohol addiction.
- Kundalini yoga helps to enrich your sense of well-being and confidence that comes from the process of self-discovery of your inner self and reaching a relaxed state of mind and body.
- It also helps overcome negative feelings and encourages positive attitude and feelings.
- You can experience better sense of self-control and, overcome anger and resentment to find inner calm and mental peace.
- It strengthens the immune system too and helps you fight off several diseases and keep them at bay. A positive mind is a great weapon against all of them.